Friday, April 13, 2018

14: PAAE in the East

Attending the Eastern Region PAAE meeting stimulated my reflection on what happens when a big group of great minds get together. State FFA Convention, regional contests, and the next meeting location were just a few things that we discussed. The following things that happened during my evening adventure were the most memorable...
Me, Rose, and Allyson!


1) The tight knit community of ag teachers never ceases to amaze me. The jokes and smiles were contagious. I was approached by a friendly face many times with the question of "How are you?" and "How is student teaching going?" I was also touched by the kindness and support for some tough times that important people to PA FFA had gone through. It was very wholesome.

2) I was SO happy to see my fellow student teachers. I had missed not seeing Allyson and Rose everyday like we had in the fall. Our cohort has really become a unit and I love the happiness that our friendships bring me. 

3) I LOVE seeing other programs. This meeting took place at Oley Valley High School. They have one of the most prestigious high school food science labs that I have ever seen! It really is quite amazing. Their courses really are full of intense scientific rigor. I must also say that I appreciated all of the pelts and taxidermy that was on display around their ag department. 

I like to make friends wherever I go.


I believe that it is essential to remain an active member of the PAAE. Membership provides countless benefits for us teachers and all of the people that we interact with such as our school faculty and administration, our families, and even our students. I know that I will continue to strengthen my membership in the PAAE and hopefully become more involved as I grow into my first teaching job.

2 comments:

  1. Angie, thanks for sharing your experiences at the PAAE meeting! One of the great things about belonging to a professional organization is the network of people and the places that come with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ag-Ed family on the local, state and national levels is what makes being an Ag Teacher the best job in the world!

    ReplyDelete