Tuesday, January 9, 2018

My First Mid Winter Convention

I'm back everyone! I had a very successful Christmas break where I spent some much needed time relaxing with my loved ones.

Snapped a photo with
Secretary Redding.
My very first day of student teaching I learned a lesson of flexibility and adaptability. Weather certainly played a role in our challenges as an early dismissal was called before our day could get started. For this reason we could not legally bring any students on the trip. My cooperating teacher and I left before the ice storm hit and made it to the complex!

Once at the Farm Show we networked with many sponsors and advisors at the FFA Recognition Reception where students who competed in an LDE or a CDE at the 2017 National FFA Convention. It was a short warm up for the rest of the day.

Having no responsibilities of watching students at Mid Winter Convention meant that I was privileged enough to work back stage! I lined up kids and parents for their awards and made sure that all of the degrees were in order. I also got to walk on the floor to retrieve the different awardees. It was great! I had a lot of fun with all of the ag teachers that I got to interact with.

My view while walking to retrieve award winners.

After the conclusion of the ceremony I spent the rest of the night working in the FFA Foundation Food Stand selling hot slices of pizza to hungry people!

Come and get your pizza from some
friendly faces!!
At the late hour of 10pm I arrived home and felt accomplished in the fact that I did many things, met many great people, and had an awesome first day.

De-Icing my car from the storm when
we made it back to the school
at the end of the day!

3 comments:

  1. Angie, while you first day may not have gone as planned, it's great that you were still able to make it a success! How did you and your cooperating teacher handle breaking the news about the field trip to the students? What was the greatest piece of advice that you gained from the experience?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The students that were near our classroom in the morning were notified that the school could no longer take them. They of course were not happy. It seemed from there that they rapidly spread the news to the other ag kids. It was made up for by the fact that a fun trip was scheduled to Farm Show on Friday afternoon.

      Delete
  2. Great to see that you made the most of your day!

    ReplyDelete